My interest in Zentangle (R) started when I was looking at adult colouring books and decided I'd rather draw the pictures. My husband bought me a book about Zentangle inspired art for Christmas and my latest interest was born.

Tuesday, 4 October 2016

A step too far - Diva challenge #287 UMT Dreamcatcher

Early post this week as I'm working different days. I'm planning to get the Joey challenge done too but you know...life...so just in case I'm doing an early one lol.

This week's diva challenge was a UMT challenge incorporating Daniel Lamothe's Dreamcatcher. I'd looked at this a few weeks ago, loved it, then promptly forgot about it so I was glad to be reminded about it - thanks Laura! And oh did I enjoy drawing this tangle!

I decided to fill alternate bands with yincut but then I regretted it. The ethereal looking tangle was gone. Have you noticed that when you do that to a nearly finished tangle it takes as long again to "fix"? I'm pretty happy with it again now, though I definitely need to draw another one without fill.


I've bought some lovely pastel papers on the weekend to play with, but I'm not sure the soft pink of this one shows up in the photo.

I'm not sure if that ribbon tangle is a tangle or not. It's something that happened when I tried to draw Margaret Bremner's Skye from memory. I played with it a bit and it's a good deal simpler to draw than skye. Is it a unique tangle do you think or a tangleation? I'll do a step out for it later in the week anyway :) If you think it's a unique one, feel free to suggest a name (or tell me what it's already called!).

It's been an eventful week - we've had a once in 50 year storm described as a "non typical cyclone" followed a couple of days later by more storms. There's been quite a bit of flooding though we're okay where I live. One good thing about the continual bad weather though is Toby has gone from being quite anxious to ignoring it all. Thanks for all the sympathy he got last week, maybe he's feeling the love lol.


It was also our wedding anniversary, so hubby and I had a night away from the family by ourselves. We dropped into the OzAsia festival but didn't stay long as it was extremely soggy underfoot. The lanterns were amazing though.


Last but not least, here's a travelling tangle I completed this week. I was stuck on it for a while because I loved it just the way it was, but I finally got inspired. I love the beautiful colour many of the travelling tanglers apply to their tiles. I don't have the time or space to do this myself at the moment, maybe one day.



That's all for now, catch you later in the week I hope or else this time next week.
Happy tangling.

P.S. Thanks for all the lovely comments, and do visit the diva's page to see other people's lovely work!

P.P.S If you want to see what I did for Joey's challenge, you can find it here, or alternatively click on home or my blog title for recent posts.

15 comments:

  1. Your dreamcatcher tile is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whow! I Love your Dreamcatcher!👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your Dreamcatcher (and your other gorgeous tiles)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these lanterns, like a fairy tale!
    Again you have made a beautiful traveling tile and of course your diva's tile is very nice and special, well done Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pleasure to read. Your travelling tangle worked out beautifully and, yes, the coloured tiles really do add another dimension, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the storm didn't do anything harmful to you and I'm glad Toby settled in. Your tiles are lovely. I really like the additions you added to the traveling tile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the visits and comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dreamcatcher and the other tiles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh! Your Diva Challenge tile is so different! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dreamcatcher and I love the completed travelling tangle. What beautiful lanterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful dreamcatcher! Love all your work & thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dreamcatcher and the travelling tangle is also very beautiful. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am happy to hear that you are safe and that Toby is no longer anxious in a storm. I love your Dreamcatcher and the alternate fill. I will have to try that. Your TT is lovely, as are the lanterns. Happy Anniversary! (sorry this is so long) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such thing as a comment being too long 😉 Thanks for taking the time!

      Delete

I love receiving comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. If you have a question I will try and reply as soon as I can.