My interest in Zentangle (R) started when I was looking at adult colouring books and decided I'd rather draw the pictures. My husband bought me a book about Zentangle inspired art for Christmas and my latest interest was born.

Thursday, 20 October 2016

A little break?

Hi all, hope you've had a good week! We have had a warm blustery spring day today, I was half expecting my washing to have taken off on an interstate trip when I got home. Back to winter again tomorrow, but I did make the most of it and went for a walk by the beach this morning.

Diva Challenge #289


The diva challenged us to use an autumn leaf as a string or as inspiration for this week, or for those of us from the southern hemisphere to use some spring flowers. I had a play with some colour and tangling inspired by a protea in my garden. Lots of mooka and some flux meets leaflet.



Hmmm looking at this now, I could have emphasised that cherry red a bit more. I drew it on green paper but the colour hasn't come up very well in this photo.

Joey's challenge #135


Joey challenged us to use three tangles; drogon, disco and msst, and a string based on 3 circles. Here is my take on that. If I did this one again, I would use single disco for one circle, double for the next and triple for the next. I got a bit tangled up trying to do the layers too.


Travelling Tangles


I'm sharing some completed by an overseas tangle buddy, Janet. I'm completely blown away by how she finished my starts, I love them!



That's all for me this week, except to say that I'll be taking a bit of a break, possibly till after Christmas. We have a bit of an adventure planned for December and I need to put some time and effort into getting my back right. At the moment I get one bit sorted and another bit starts playing up, not good for travelling. When I get into routine again I might drop back in before that, but after a very frustrated sore morning this morning I decided I needed to stop challenges and tangle swapping for a bit.

Hope the rest of the year goes well for you all! Keep on Tangling!

10 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful work Sue, I love all the tiles, especially the one for Joey is uncomplicated but very pretty. The finished T.T look fantastic with those wonderful colors.
    Have a nice break, we all need that sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria you are a lovely support and encourager, the way you visit every week and always have something lovely to say, thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is delightful Sue! Love your tile for Joey´s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Diva Challenge tile is stunning as is the flower that you used for inspiration! The colors you chose fit it perfectly. Your Joey's challenge is beautifully simple. Hope that the break will help you...we all need one occasionally and I hope that you can get your back sorted. I can empathize with a sore back as that is one of the big reasons my submissions are so haphazard. Thank you so much for sharing and we look forward to when you can come back and join in again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your back behaves itself too Lezli. I must say a week of regular walks and nightly stretching seems to be starting to help already, lets hope so! Thanks for visiting and the lovely comments.

      Delete
  4. Your spring :-) tile is beautiful and I especially like the two travelling tangles!!!
    Take care of yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tiles! I love your Diva flower and the elegant Joey tile. That was a really difficult one for me. Great Travelling Tangles too;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a plant like that before. It almost looks like a sea creature. You made a lovely piece using it for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. If you have a question I will try and reply as soon as I can.