My interest in Zentangle (R) started when I was looking at adult colouring books and decided I'd rather draw the pictures. My husband bought me a book about Zentangle inspired art for Christmas and my latest interest was born.

Thursday, 13 October 2016

A change of heart

I nearly didn't take part in the diva challenge this week. I really don't like gourdgeous that much (so I thought) and have been a bit restricted by a sore back. But then I got an inspiration to make a bit of a Hallowe'en themed tile out of it with a couple of gourdy pumpkins, and some dream catcher webs, and an Aussie red back spider which all sounded kinda fun so I decided to give it a go.

This is what happened. When I got to this point I loved it so much I couldn't bear to go any further in case I wrecked it. One of my favourite tiles I've drawn to date I think.


The tangles are gourdgeous (ZOT), individual leaflets (Helen Williams) and tipple. I tried out using stipple and cross hatching for shading (no graphite).

So thanks Laura for the challenge, and pushing me out of my comfort zone once again to try something different. My hallowe'en fun tile might have to wait for another occasion (as an Aussie I don't do hallowe'en anyway lol).

If you'd like to see what I did for Joey's challenge this week (which I really enjoyed!) you can check it out here.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I try to comment on as many as possible as I can too, but some sites (eg pinterest, some wordpress) won't allow me to.

Happy Tangling!

12 comments:

  1. Less is definitely more in this case. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Sue, I like this tile very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Yes, your simplicity is perfectly elegant;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful looking tile. I can see several of them on those little easels with names added for a dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! I love the wonderful shining!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. If you have a question I will try and reply as soon as I can.